Sunday, November 21, 2010

Glitter, Paper, Scissors - OH MY!

I found this fun idea over at littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com quickly becoming one of my favorites for sure!  She made a beautiful Thanksgiving welcome banner.  I decided that since we are doing Thanksmas - Thanksgiving and Christmas in one weekend with our adult kids.....I of course needed a Christmas banner.   One of my favorite Christmas tunes to sing has always been the 12 days of Christmas so that became the theme for my banner.  What a great inexpensive way to add some fun new holiday decor!
First I cut out the shapes out of this pretty blue paper on my cricut.  Michael's had this huge pack of Christmas on sale last week so I snatched it up cut it to fit on 6X12 inch pieces of black paper.  Put the images for one-six on one side and seven - twelve on the other.

Added a few glitter emlishments!
And there you have it.  I hung mine in an "open wall" between the living room and kitchen - so much fun!  I think I've figured out why I loved teaching preschool for 20.2 million years.  And since I had the paper and glitter out I made some of these fabulous snowflakes to hang from my kitchen light.  Merry Thanksmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment