Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My house isn't fancy but I've got flannel sheets!

Over the last few weeks we've had a lot of overnight guest traffic in our home. Currently our guests are of the four legged variety.  We are pet sitting our grand-dog, cat and hermit crab.  While our two boys are traveling with their sweet girlfriends.  I have decided that if one day we have grand-kids as cute and sweet as this guy, I'm pretty sure all I will want to do is spend time with them.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     I have a tendency to worry about my house not being big enough, or nice enough.  However, as I was making up all the beds with fresh flannel sheets and thinking how excited I was for the first round of guests I had an ah-ha moment.  If I am excited to have these people in my home and to spend time with them, why worry about how big my house is?  So I fluffed up the pillows and eagerly awaited their arrivals and enjoyed every moment with each of them.  My point is this;  Everything in life comes back to relationships, they are what is most important.  I hope that whoever you spend the holidays with that you are able to spend time just being with them and enjoying them.  And if you have overnight guests don't forget the flannel sheets :)

No comments:

Post a Comment